Things to Do in Barbados
Enjoy swimming and snorkeling directly in front of Divi Heritage Beach Resort in addition to our on-site tennis courts. You are also invited to enjoy the watersports and freshwater pools of the neighboring resort — all-inclusive day passes are available.
When you feel like venturing outside the resort, you’ll find pristine beaches and the island's best shopping just steps away. We are just a short distance from many of the Barbados’ most interesting historic and natural resources. A full-service activities coordinator is available to arrange island tours, water sports, and more to help make your vacation memorable and exciting. You'll never get bored with so many things to do in Barbados!
Lively Festivals in Barbados
Experience the rich culture of Barbados as you enjoy one of the island's most popular annual festivities, from Crop Over (Bajan Carnivale) to heritage fests, food, wine, and rum celebrations, and more.
Annual Barbados Festivals:
- January: Mount Gay Round Barbados Race Series — Dating back to the 19th century, this is a race around Barbados for bragging rights and a “red cap” that competitors wear with pride. The race celebrates Mount Gay Rum, the finest and oldest brand of rum in existence, which has been produced on Barbados since 1703.
- March: Cricket Tournaments — Prepare to cheer on your favorite cricket team as the batsman drives through the covers for four or as the middle stump gets rocked back by a fast delivery. Joyous celebrations will surely follow each match!
- April: Barbados Reggae Festival — Get in the island spirit at Barbados’ annual Reggae Festival, a 4-part event that celebrates every side and style of Reggae music.
- May: Top Gear Festival — Perfect for those who feel the need for speed, the Top Gear Festival is a celebration of fast cars and exhilarating races. From drifting events to a combination of cricket and motorsports, this festival has it all. / GospelFest — Gain insight to the beliefs of Barbadians at this unique festival. Gospel music is very important in the spiritual lives of the island’s people, and the growth of GospelFest is proof of that.
- June: Sol Rally Barbados — Recently celebrating its 25th anniversary, Sol Rally Barbados is the Caribbean’s largest annual motorsports event. Watch in excitement as cars race around the track and attempt to break records.
- August: Crop Over Festival — Barbados’ most popular and colorful festival takes place every summer marking the culmination of another successful sugar cane harvest. It dates back to the 1780s, when the island was the world’s largest producer of sugar.
- November: Food, Wine, & Rum Festival — In addition to celebrating their Independence, November welcomes top international chefs to delight Barbados with their spectacular cuisine and cooking skills. You can also explore the rums we’ve been making for more than 350 years!
Additional Annual Events:
- Holders Season
- Oistins Fish Festival
- Open House Programme
- Celtic Festival
- Holetown Festival
- Open Gardens
Experience Historic & Natural Barbados
Historical tours are popular with visitors to Barbados. Barbados has a rich history and has preserved and restored many of its historic buildings. Visit a plantation house for a trip back in time, see the towering lighthouses that once led ships to safety, or explore the historic towns that are an important part of our past and present. Some popular hotspots include: