Join Our Team of Caribbean Experts
Do you have a passion for hospitality? Do you have a unique appreciation for the Caribbean? Consider joining the Divi Resorts team, made up of staff members who consider the Caribbean THE premiere vacation destination. For employment opportunities, visit often to see where Divi Resorts has openings and jump on your chance to join the Divi team.
Divi Resorts Employment - Current 2015 Openings
Position: Senior Manager, Divi Vacation Club
Department: Vacation Ownership Sales
Location: Corporate Headquarters: Chapel Hill, North Carolina
SUMMARY of POSITION
The Senior Manager, Divi Vacation Club is responsible for developing and implementing the inventory and points strategy to support business revenue goals and contractual obligations with organization partners. Maximize available inventory usage as it relates to Interval International exchange obligations, resale buyback program, the capture program and transient sales.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead in the design, development and implementation of the Divi Vacation Points Club.
- Manage club inventory to ensure greatest revenue opportunities while meeting owner and partner contractual obligations.
- Responsible for organizing and delivering key communications to the Divi Vacation Club member base, including setting up a communication schedule, and facilitating communication to the member base using marketing and sales support.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for both the Divi Vacation Club and exchange company including the development and implementation of club reports, as well as providing effective communication to both club services and the exchange company.
- Ensure all inbound club reservations and exchanges are handled correctly and accurately entered into the PMS.
- Works with the VOS controller to balance points used through the exchange company with available club inventory.
- Monitors inventory closely to ensure additional available inventory is identified and turned into revenue creating and club fulfillment opportunities.
- Work closely with Project Directors, VOS Controller and Sales Management to analyze pricing strategies and tactics that will ensure maximum revenue opportunities.
- Communicate effectively with both internal and external business partners to ensure alignment of inventory operations to the overall strategic needs of the business.
- Development of appropriate process and policy to effectively manage inventory and the point’s process.
- Develop and lead training for appropriate internal and external partner staff on products, processes, etc.
- Utilize all available resources (i.e. reservations operations, PMS, etc.) to support the inventory and points needs of the business.
- Develops and monitors annual budgets and forecasts for inventory and point revenue/expenses.
- Directs inventory utilization through the use of online channels and internal reservations operations to turn excess inventory into revenue creating occupancy.
- Effectively uses reservations systems to create reports and determine success/failure of selling strategies.
- Establishes and maintains spreadsheets to report historical data in relation to performance and club activity.
- Consults with the Revenue Director on rates/inventory.
- Monitors activity of club members, and adjusts internal strategy and inventory to remain competitive.
- Other duties as required and assigned. These may, on occasion, be unrelated to the position described here.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Communications, or the Hospitality field.
- Prior vacation ownership, points club, reservations and revenue management/yield management experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience in the timeshare industry in a highly detailed project management leadership role.
- Ability to create market-driven strategies and new policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities with strict deadlines in a fast paced, high growth, and dynamic work environment.
- Understanding of vacation ownership/points markets, demand generators, and the dynamics of local markets.
- Ability to interact effectively with co-workers, members, guests, and resort and vacation ownership staff.
- Proactive problem solving skills.
- Prior experience demonstrating leadership expertise, highly driven motivated individual with focus on maximizing available resources.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, effective conflict resolution skills, and flexibility in negotiating resolutions.
- Analytical ability sufficient to assess revenue trends and make relevant decisions in order to maximize revenue potential.
- Good knowledge of reservation system database functionality.
- Working knowledge of E-Commerce, Extranets & Internet based travel industry websites.
- Exceptional IT skills essential for configuration and review of spreadsheets and Property Management systems and reports including intermediate knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Power Point and reservation systems.